Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lets do some lines.........

2K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  dirtyharry 
#1 ·
Pick pic 1, or pic 2.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I say neither. I'm usaually a fan of the first pic (straight), and if I had to chose out of your 2 options, I would still choose the first. But..... I dont really like the toptube being that low. So I suggest still have a toptube that is straight with the seatstays, but raise is abit and at the end of the seatstay, curve the tube down to the dropouts. Heres your pic with my suggestion, the red line.

Attachments

#8 ·
i was a fan of straight tt and stays but it looks kinda trials ish in the first pic, the tt and dt are so close, so im not to sure, i think ill vote for number 2

and cummings your design seems weeker to me but i do like were your goin w/ that idea,

how the heck do i get my pic on here?

#9 ·
Cummings, you're just making the design more complicated with the bend and all, which is probably weaker than the other two. It does look better though.
Actually, i can't make up my mind. I love designs with the straight tt and seat stays, but it looks a little low and there's too much seat tube sticking out for my tastes. Pic 2 does look better.

#12 ·
cummings said:
I say neither. I'm usaually a fan of the first pic (straight), and if I had to chose out of your 2 options, I would still choose the first. But..... I dont really like the toptube being that low. So I suggest still have a toptube that is straight with the seatstays, but raise is abit and at the end of the seatstay, curve the tube down to the dropouts. Heres your pic with my suggestion, the red line.
Looks good, but that is a structural nono. Twist kills, ever flat drop an Ellsworth ? I could go into the details, but I would'nt want to put anyone to sleep.
Trust me.
And btw thats an 11'' seat tube, and as I remember, it's what was the most popular.
Cru Jones messed all traditional design up with his sick drop outs, and I made them.
And they are stayin'.
I'll cut and fit pic 2, and show it before I put 2000 degrees to it.
RTW.

#22 ·
rickthewelder said:
Looks good, but that is a structural nono. Twist kills, ever flat drop an Ellsworth ? I could go into the details, but I would'nt want to put anyone to sleep.
Trust me.
And btw thats an 11'' seat tube, and as I remember, it's what was the most popular.
Cru Jones messed all traditional design up with his sick drop outs, and I made them.
And they are stayin'.
I'll cut and fit pic 2, and show it before I put 2000 degrees to it.
RTW.
Alright, sorry bout that. I was just trying to figure a way of keeping the toptube in line with the seat stay, without being to close to the downtube.
Here's an actual bike pic i found that kinda uses the idea i was thinking. Tonic.
Well anyway, if that wont work, cool, I vote for pic 1. is there anyway we could maybe cut the seattube a bit? If you do leave it longer, a brace would be great for the appearance. You could even make it cooler by making the brace a cool shape, and engraving Old School Welding on it. Im not sure of a shape, but something jagged would be cool, like the shape of the deity seatpost clamp.

Attachments

#25 ·
Top Tube in

1st, about the coke jokes, I did not mean to infer anything with a thread title except what the title says, lets make a frame, lets do it, lets do some lines.
I don't care who uses drugs, I don't, and think it is a huge waste of time and hard earned money. I did plenty when I was younger, and smoked cigarettes too, and if I could take back anything from my life and do it over, those would be the things I would pick. And, no, I'm not a Jesus freak !
But, to each his own.
Now, here is a pic of the straight TT, I just put it in. Like I said, no heat til everyone checks in.
I'm gonna go ride 12 miles now on my HT, It gets me high :)
I'll check back this afternoon.
Peace.
RTW.

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
cummings said:
If you do leave it longer, a brace would be great for the appearance. You could even make it cooler by making the brace a cool shape, and engraving Old School Welding on it. Im not sure of a shape, but something jagged would be cool, like the shape of the deity seatpost clamp.
What about something that looks like this. It may not be jagged, but it is more representative of the time we all put into this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.