Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
pic 1 all the way
i was hoping that the seat tube would be a bit shorter, but it's hard to visualize without the complete frame yet.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I say neither. I'm usaually a fan of the first pic (straight), and if I had to chose out of your 2 options, I would still choose the first. But..... I dont really like the toptube being that low. So I suggest still have a toptube that is straight with the seatstays, but raise is abit and at the end of the seatstay, curve the tube down to the dropouts. Heres your pic with my suggestion, the red line.

Attachments

·
tuck-n-roll master
636 Posts
pic 1 all the way. keep up the good work. i can't wait to see how this thing turns out.

·
Rollin' twenties.
1,635 Posts
i was a fan of straight tt and stays but it looks kinda trials ish in the first pic, the tt and dt are so close, so im not to sure, i think ill vote for number 2

and cummings your design seems weeker to me but i do like were your goin w/ that idea,

how the heck do i get my pic on here?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Cummings, you're just making the design more complicated with the bend and all, which is probably weaker than the other two. It does look better though.
Actually, i can't make up my mind. I love designs with the straight tt and seat stays, but it looks a little low and there's too much seat tube sticking out for my tastes. Pic 2 does look better.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Oh my dear lord, I'm in love with number 1. That is actually a shorter seat tube length short of my frame design. That bent seat tube is trumptasticly sweet. Whoever gets this is one lucky son of a *****.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
I think if the seattube were hacked down anymore, you'd loose the ability to change your seat height at all.

Maybe a brace would help the appearance. I agree that pic 1 looks a little too low slung and the TT/DT are too close, but it is super clean.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cummings said:
I say neither. I'm usaually a fan of the first pic (straight), and if I had to chose out of your 2 options, I would still choose the first. But..... I dont really like the toptube being that low. So I suggest still have a toptube that is straight with the seatstays, but raise is abit and at the end of the seatstay, curve the tube down to the dropouts. Heres your pic with my suggestion, the red line.
Looks good, but that is a structural nono. Twist kills, ever flat drop an Ellsworth ? I could go into the details, but I would'nt want to put anyone to sleep.
Trust me.
And btw thats an 11'' seat tube, and as I remember, it's what was the most popular.
Cru Jones messed all traditional design up with his sick drop outs, and I made them.
And they are stayin'.
I'll cut and fit pic 2, and show it before I put 2000 degrees to it.
RTW.

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Pic 1 fa sho!!! But, maybe cut an inch or so from seat tube??? That sucker looks like it's meant to fly... :thumbsup:

The whole idea behind the dropouts was to keep the TT inline with the seat stay and have a super low standover. Yeah, it might look a little trials-ish... but, like Rick said, we ain't makin' no cookie cutter!!!

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
turboinferno83 said:
I thought it would be cool to make a joke about the title of this thread,well, I'm not.
I will.

I think the thread title scared away the kids with this in there sig...

"98 % of all teens do drugs or have tried drugs if you are in the 2 % range copy and paste this in to your Signature"

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would go with pic 1, looks really original so far!

·
Registered
412 Posts
pic 1 is the way to go... reminds me of a trails frame because of the low standover and the short chainstays but the high head tube makes it straight up nasty for some park/dj action

1 - 20 of 47 Posts