Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tribe member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully a funny experience to brighten your day.

Many months ago, back in the spring, I found a great deal on a DT Swiss 240 front hub. It was boost spacing and I had just picked up a boost fork. It is also setup as 20mm axle, but thinking that DT hubs are easily convertible, I had hoped to grab end caps for 15mm and torque setup. I later picked up the 240 rear hub and then for my birthday I picked out some XM481 rims and the 54t ratchet setup. So I ordered spokes, laced everything up, and now that it's time to get taped up and throw tires on, I decided to start looking for the appropriate end caps. I reached out to DT and unfortunately, my front hub doesn't accept a boost and 15mm axle setup. Doh!!

I'm hoping I have a solution/workaround on the way, but if anyone was interested in a 29 wheelset with 20mm front hub (boost spacing) and 142 rear - all DT 240 hubs, XM481 rims, Competition 2.0/1.8 DB spokes, and black aluminum nipples, then hit me up!!

·
Tribe member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear that! I ordered some adapters similar to this, but I may order this if the others don't work properly. I feel stupid for not researching the hubs a bit more before ever building up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.