Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Impressive. Care to share your build. I see carbon wheels and cranks. Eggbeater (Ti?) pedals. Hope brakes. Any other weight saving components?
those are mt7 racelines and yes on the pedals , wheel set weights 1407 grams and is 35mm wide , cranks came with frame has fat bar lite which is 187 grams

·
Co Springs
2,397 Posts
My son picked up a Rad Runner about a year ago at the time I wanted to research something for my wife. We went over to check the style, fit and comfort and it was that easy. Hers has fenders I added, his has the orange front rack. We will be at 1 yr from purchase date in mid May. Very pleased.

·
Registered
788 Posts
My new Orbea Rise. Super happy with the way it came out. Did the LTD with MYO custom colors. Upgraded to Fox Factory 36/150 and a DPX2, and also 4 piston XTR brakes front and rear. I swapped the grips for Ergon GE1's, cut the bars down a bit, but other than that she's ready to ride! Sold my Pivot Shuttle - this rig is 10 lbs lighter (a shade under 39 lbs with pedals).

·
climber
292 Posts
My new Orbea Rise. Super happy with the way it came out. Did the LTD with MYO custom colors. Upgraded to Fox Factory 36/150 and a DPX2, and also 4 piston XTR brakes front and rear. I swapped the grips for Ergon GE1's, cut the bars down a bit, but other than that she's ready to ride! Sold my Pivot Shuttle - this rig is 10 lbs lighter (a shade under 39 lbs with pedals).

View attachment 1919174

View attachment 1919175
Kashima fork, shock and dropper looks really good with the fame and grips. Simply stunning.

·
Trail Rider
1,423 Posts

View attachment 1919174

View attachment 1919175
That's a really sweet build! Colorway is sick... Pretty light, nice wheelset.

We need a ride report when you get the chance

·
Registered
254 Posts
What!?! No love for my plain vanilla white bike? I was really wanting to go the My O custom paint route, but In knew my patience (or impatience) level wouldn't allow me to wait that long. It was looking like August or Sept for a custom job and that was back in October. When the bike shop got the size and build in that I wanted, I couldn't help myself from pulling the trigger. I'm happy I didn't wait. I like the color and it's such a hoot to ride. It is a nice bike Rick. I have an orange Yeti that I really like too.

·
Registered
788 Posts
What!?! No love for my plain vanilla white bike? I was really wanting to go the My O custom paint route, but In knew my patience (or impatience) level wouldn't allow me to wait that long. It was looking like August or Sept for a custom job and that was back in October. When the bike shop got the size and build in that I wanted, I couldn't help myself from pulling the trigger. I'm happy I didn't wait. I like the color and it's such a hoot to ride. It is a nice bike Rick. I have an orange Yeti that I really like too.
LOL. Actually, when I was ordering, the MYO ship date was months sooner than stock colors! Weird.

·
Registered
254 Posts
LOL. Actually, when I was ordering, the MYO ship date was months sooner than stock colors! Weird.
Yeah, that is weird the custom was so much faster. It really is an awesome looking bike. Under 39 lbs is amazing too with that build. Mine comes in right at 40. Loving it!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah, that is weird the custom was so much faster. It really is an awesome looking bike. Under 39 lbs is amazing too with that build. Mine comes in right at 40. Loving it!!
FYI, I "dropped" the dropper. Just not my thing. Don't try to convince me. I can't be convinced. ;-)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I swapped over the components, TSDZ2/12ah 2170 cell battery and all the other parts that were once my older QBall onto my old 9Ball that was missing a custom der. hanger for about 10yrs, custom bikes can be challenging....Girven Design/Quiring Made one of a kind. Not modern and a lowly kit system but it gets me where I want to go and sometimes beyond where I should

IMG_0265.jpg

Aprês ride wash down spot

bike wash view.jpg

·
climber
292 Posts
Looks good. Did you harvest parts off another bike? Did you spend more or less than a complete bike? What is weight and how does it ride etc.

181 - 200 of 218 Posts