Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're going to hit a bear, do so in a full sized pick-up instead of a mid-sized SUV. Tagged one last night on #39 headed to Richwood. The Chevy faired much better than the X-Terra did on the first bear smack in Slatyfork. Unsure about the bear, he didn't stop to exchange insurance info.

Bike related comment: This morning I dreamt we were moving to Crested Butte. Unfortunately I woke up here again. Granted, things could be worse.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

·
Not sure what to type?
567 Posts
davis said:
If you're going to hit a bear, do so in a full sized pick-up instead of a mid-sized SUV. Tagged one last night on #39 headed to Richwood. The Chevy faired much better than the X-Terra did on the first bear smack in Slatyfork. Unsure about the bear, he didn't stop to exchange insurance info.

Bike related comment: This morning I dreamt we were moving to Crested Butte. Unfortunately I woke up here again. Granted, things could be worse.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.
Hope you were heading to Richwood for something important.
Sorry to hear about the truck. Just as long as everyone is OK.

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hecklerboy said:
Hope you were heading to Richwood for something important.
Sorry to hear about the truck. Just as long as everyone is OK.
Is there anything important in Richwood? Only two reasons to go there: Meth or Chinese food. I live in Marlinton, so there wouldn't be a need to drive anywhere for meth. Tommy's (located next to the Mountaineer Mart on the main drag) did however deliver the goods. General Tso's Chicken, Szechuan Beef, Kung Pao Chicken, Moo Shu Pork and Cold Sesame Noodles were all nicely done. Truck was unscathed. Good truck. Bad bear. Almost woke Cora up from her nap. Scared mom pretty good though. All are well. Now, where's those leftovers?

See you when tictac returns?

·
Not sure what to type?
567 Posts
davis said:
Is there anything important in Richwood? Only two reasons to go there: Meth or Chinese food. I live in Marlinton, so there wouldn't be a need to drive anywhere for meth. Tommy's (located next to the Mountaineer Mart on the main drag) did however deliver the goods. General Tso's Chicken, Szechuan Beef, Kung Pao Chicken, Moo Shu Pork and Cold Sesame Noodles were all nicely done. Truck was unscathed. Good truck. Bad bear. Almost woke Cora up from her nap. Scared mom pretty good though. All are well. Now, where's those leftovers?

See you when tictac returns?
tic tac is in right now.
I've got his number and will give him a call tongiht.
Hopefully we can get together for a ride sometime this week or weekend.

·
Nostralpicas
216 Posts
Glad to hear theres no damage hope to see you this weekend Iv'e got some hair of the dog fish that will cure the chinese hangover.

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are many things I'd do for Dog Fish. Skip out of work early on my last day is one of them. Fire me. I believe Hecklerboy mentioned 11:00 at Tea Creek? Not sure if that was the campground or trailhead for Tea Creek Mt. Trail, but they're 5 miles apart and I'm way flexible. Calling HB tonight, see you Saturday! Bring a cooler! :)

·
Not sure what to type?
567 Posts
Well my knee is killing me so I don't want to climb the highway. I say one of us will park at the campground and shuttle up to the overlook.

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
Sure glad everyone is ok and the truck survived. The bear are bad right now. We've had a couple wonder through Parkersburg in the last few weeks. The young males have been booted and are looking for their next home. Be carefull out there.

Damn, I'll have to see if I can get out of a Friday, all night duty. If I can, I'm sure I could make that ride on Saturday morning cause I can be to the overlook in 3 hrs. I'll let y'all know tonight.

ODN

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.