Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spam pass here.​

Very rare and absolutely one-of-a-kind bike.

Size medium. Built new mid-winter, ridden a few (maybe a dozen?) times. The customer I built it for was hoping that this bike would do the job of a fatbike in winter, and trailbike in summer.

As anyone that's ridden one knows, only fat does the job of fat on true over-snow conditions.

Rock Shox Revelation 140mm travel thru-axle fork has had some millwork done to gain clearance between the tire and the arch.

Above is the remote for the fork lockout. 10 speed SRAM twister moves an X9 short cage clutched der. Hayes Prime Comp brakes.

Above is the dropper remote for a 125mm Rock Shox Reverb.

X.0 carbon cranks with a 28t XX1 wide/narrow ring, mated to a X.0 10-speed 11/36 cassette with a SRAM 10-speed chain.

Monarch RT3 in 200 x 57 gives you 140mm of rear travel.

Fork is the XX model. Headset = Gravity cartridge bearing unit.

Velocity P35 rims shod with Surly Knard 29 x 3" tires. Spokes are DT Swiss Revolution black, with one white DT spoke for flair.

6" rotors on both ends.

As new this is a $5700 bike. Selling it now for $4225. Damn near perfect condition, as obvious from the above pics.

Pedals not included.

The above price assumes local pickup.

Want it shipped to the lower 48? Sure--figure roughly $150 for packing/shipping via Fed Ex Ground.

Can be seen/test ridden in Grand Junction, Colorado. Please email in advance to arrange an appointment:

[email protected]

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thx. Don't know why phatty thinks it needs to be for serious inquiries only?
Well, you/we are cluttering up someones paid spam posting with sort of unrelated posts...you mostly want to see how the arch was modified because you want to do something similar...not because you want to buy the bike. There are several other threads showing how people ground down the brake arches to make knards fit on other fox forks, difference is likely that this seller used a mill, rather than a dremel.

·
squish, squish in da fish
2,147 Posts
no, i actually had an interest in this bike, but it appears that it don't matter as it's sold. i didn't know you (colorado) were a mind reader? then you might be able to read what i think of you and your assumptions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.