Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been riding both bikes back to back at a bike park (no climbing).

I thought I would like the Trek geo better because it is longer, the bottom bracket is lower, and I can get physically lower with the seat slammed all the way down (both bikes have a OneUp 150 mm dropper).

Wrong.

Nothing beats putting your leg over both bikes back to back on the same trails.

I really like that Trek rear shock though.

I have riser bars on both bikes, but the Lunchbox bars are higher.

I just feel more comfortable on the Lunchbox 29+ and ride it faster...seems a bit more nimble with that super short 425 mm chainstay and 1165 mm wheelbase.

Of course, it has more travel too...152 mm rear/170 mm front, vs 130 mm rear/150 mm front on the Trek.

I can post pics of both if anyone is interested.

I still want to get my hands on a used small Pole Machine or Pole Stamina...something completely different that supposedly will fit a 3.0 tire in the back.

Oh, and I’d love to find a long travel 29+ E-Bike...

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
Interesting. Which tires are you running on each?
I suspect the Lunchbox feels more capable because it is. More suspension, stiffer frame, and those super short chainstays. I rode my Fatillac at the park and on some serious DH and it was always ready to rumble.

The Full Stache is really just an XC bike with benefits, it's nowhere near what I'd want to ride at a bike park; and trust me, I pushed the limits on mine.

I'd like to see Devin tweak on the frame design to accomodate longer dropper posts and stretch the reach a couple inches, his bike designs are getting dated, though he is one of the only ones making an FS long travel 29+, an FS Fatty, etc...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Code:
I suspect the Lunchbox feels more capable because it is. More suspension, stiffer frame, and those super short chainstays. I rode my Fatillac at the park and on some serious DH and it was always ready to rumble.

The Full Stache is really just an XC bike with benefits, it's nowhere near what I'd want to ride at a bike park; and trust me, I pushed the limits on mine.

I'd like to see Devin tweak on the frame design to accomodate longer dropper posts and stretch the reach a couple inches, his bike designs are getting dated, though he is one of the only ones making an FS long travel 29+, an FS Fatty, etc...
I also like it better for xc.

The older I get, the less I want to ride the risky stuff.

You can definitely run a 150 mm OneUp dropper on it.

I would like to have a bit more dropper insertion though.

Reading some of your posts...it sounded to me like 27.5+ works better for you than 29+.

I haven't tried 27.5+ (didn't care for 27.5), but the Lenz site says you can run 27.5+ on the Lunchbox too.

The new Lunchbox 29+ isn't getting the attention I think it deserves...it is a unique bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.