Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Titus, Racer-X 29er with a WB .8. Thats 3" travel in the rear, and 80mm in the front. That 80mm is also the shortest axle to crown (483mm). Combine that with the 4" head tube and I can get my bars below my saddle about 1-1/2" ( I'd like 2" ). Yep I'm 5'-9". I was thinking about the idea of getting another bike with more travel for that Cadilac ride. The Titus is great ride and wouldn't get rid of it, but for just going off the beaten path (Now I'm getting spoiled. I had a 26 hardtail, now 29"FS with 3" trav, now I'm wanting a 29" with 5" trav). I guess my question is will I be able to build it to fit me since I ride the smallest frame with the small fork . . . Mmmm OK probably not, but I was just wondering how too big it would be.

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
Hexonxonx said:
I have a Titus, Racer-X 29er with a WB .8. Thats 3" travel in the rear, and 80mm in the front. That 80mm is also the shortest axle to crown (483mm). Combine that with the 4" head tube and I can get my bars below my saddle about 1-1/2" ( I'd like 2" ). Yep I'm 5'-9". I was thinking about the idea of getting another bike with more travel for that Cadilac ride. The Titus is great ride and wouldn't get rid of it, but for just going off the beaten path (Now I'm getting spoiled. I had a 26 hardtail, now 29"FS with 3" trav, now I'm wanting a 29" with 5" trav). I guess my question is will I be able to build it to fit me since I ride the smallest frame with the small fork . . . Mmmm OK probably not, but I was just wondering how too big it would be.
Do you dislike flat bars or a flipped stem?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flipper

TheSingleGuy said:
Do you dislike flat bars or a flipped stem?
I got flat bar, but I haven't flippered the stem. I can probably get 1/2" flipping the stem since it's a 10cm. FSA makes a stem that goes both road and MTB than would give negative rise, but I haven't tried it since it's OS.

I was just wondering how much higher the bars would be above my seat on the lenz w/ WB1.3.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Enough for a flipped stem and a flipped Mary bar, I'd say. Nothing wrong with that though, if that's what your body dictates you.

:)

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
Hexonxonx said:
I got flat bar, but I haven't flippered the stem. I can probably get 1/2" flipping the stem since it's a 10cm. FSA makes a stem that goes both road and MTB than would give negative rise, but I haven't tried it since it's OS.

I was just wondering how much higher the bars would be above my seat on the lenz w/ WB1.3.
Won't the BB height also go up to cope with the extra rear travel? That would then raise your seat height and thus the handle/seat relationship would be relatively unaffected.

Not sure about the 'moth, but this was the case for my 5x5 26er....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here how my Moth comes out

Hexonxonx said:
I 'am also 5'9 with a inseam of 32" unloaded bike top of seat is 40 1/2 Center of stem is 38 1/2. So if I was running flat bar and a flat stem. I think you be about what you asking for.
My behemoth is a meduim frame. with white 1.3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.