Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a Lenz Behemoth!

i weigh 225 and it's got an RP23...should I set this at 225 lbs. of pressure?

was poking around on their (lenz) website and couldn't find much about set-up...

it's also got a 5" Marzocchi 44 in the front. What pressure are guys my size running in this fork? Around 45 psi?

the warranty on a lenz frame is for original owner, correct...it doesn't carry over to second owner, right? -anything I (LBS) should look at in the rear pivots?

what geometry changes has Lenz made to the behemoth over the years? Have they tweaked the HA/SA or chainstay lengths?

should be shipped in the next day or two...can't wait to ride it!!!

CR

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
arctic slalom said:
yep, i'll set it at about an inch or so of sag...

any werd on the geometry changes over the years?\

what year did they start making this frame? '06?
Lots of old threads about this frame in the 29er forum.... just search on "behemoth" or "moth". Devin first made the frame with a seat tube that was straight bb to collar. Then he went to a bent seat tube to accomplish a shorter chainstay. Not sure that any other major modifications have been made since then, except in 2008 when he made the first ever size small 'moth.... for me :thumbsup: !! I'm still riding it and loving it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haven't been able to ride my new-to-me behemoth; bummer!

took it to the LBS and they went through her.

when removing the rear swingarm bolts (the ones directly above-behind) the BB, the bolt on the drivers side broke! DOH! hardened steel bolt in the aluminum thread. LBS messed around for a few hours trying to drill it out, EASY-OUT, etc. and no luck (end of last week by this time).

Monday AM I called Lenz. Devin picked up the phone and was really cool about it. He said to have LBS send him the frame and he'll take care of it. Huge sign of relief on my end of things.

Can't wait to get her back to give it a shake down ride.

Marzocchi 44 is headed out to get rebuilt, too.

CR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.