Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I picked up a Medium Trance X frame and I'm trying to determine if 1250mm of hose for the rear brake is enough? Eyeing it with a tape measure, it looks close, was wondering if someone with a medium Trance X might be able to measure there hose and report how long it is.

Thanks!
-Ron

·
Northeastern Rider
762 Posts
I have medium (18") trance (non X) and run a 1300mm kit. Sorry I can't say for the X series but I hope it helps anyways. I could get away w/ the 1250mm but it would be tighter than I care for.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Zach. I sent the bike shop the same question as well, hopefully they can tell me yes or no on whether they have setup that length of line on the Trance X.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let me know what you find out. I made a post on craigslist and have a frame from Bob's coming my way as well. My current set is 1250 as well.

·
wheelie king
614 Posts
jonner said:
Let me know what you find out. I made a post on craigslist and have a frame from Bob's coming my way as well. My current set is 1250 as well.
Bicycle-Bob's in Boise? Did you mail order it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided to hold off on getting hydraulic brakes since I wasn't sure if the short hose would work or not. Decided to just get some nice cables for my bb7's and be done with it. You'll probably get your frame before I get my cables in, but if you haven't received the frame by mid next week I will let you know how much cable I use for the bbs. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes I got it at bob's but it was a pain to find someone wiling to go in and sign for it to be shipped. I had to hire a "friend."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hose length = 1500mm

I just measured my wife's. It is 1500mm but looks like a 1400mm would do the job. I have 1350mm from my anthem that I am going to try.

·
wheelie king
614 Posts
Takedown said:
Sweet! There will be two new Trance X0's in the santa clarita hills soon :)
Actually, I moved. I'm in San Antonio now. I'll be visiting So Cal and doing some riding in about 2 weeks. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring the new Trance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts