Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Urban Ninja
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the easiest and most enjoyable Lemurian's ever. I decided off the line that I wasn't really looking forward to another suffer fest so I backed off on the first climb. Usually I'm cramping half way into the race but this year I had no muscle cramps at all. I ended up with a 2 hours 46 minutes which was fairly consistent to my times in previous years but this one was not so painful.

I saw empty_beer and grrrah and a few other mtbr jersey's that I didn't know there. I have some photo's that I'll load asap.
 

·
Proud lame eBiker
Joined
·
2,680 Posts
where's the pics, tough guy?

we were up there last weekend riding the trails for the first time ever. what an awesomeset of trails!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
What was your number?

jeng said:
This was the easiest and most enjoyable Lemurian's ever. I decided off the line that I wasn't really looking forward to another suffer fest so I backed off on the first climb. Usually I'm cramping half way into the race but this year I had no muscle cramps at all. I ended up with a 2 hours 46 minutes which was fairly consistent to my times in previous years but this one was not so painful.

I saw empty_beer and grrrah and a few other mtbr jersey's that I didn't know there. I have some photo's that I'll load asap.
If you know what your number was, throw it up, I might have a shot of you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,371 Posts
(moved from the other thread)
What an awesome event that was! Best way to describe the weekend as it was much more than just a race! Finally a race (other than downieville) with some super fun technical descents that we look for on or weekend rides.

I had a great time, and definately have to come back. I need to break the 3 hour mark, which I was about to do until I slammed my derailleur into the spokes with 1/2 a mile left. Was able to bend it back and limp across the line at 3:01:56 then fix it enough to ride more of the great trails on sunday.

Had a great weekend camping and hanging out with a great buch.

#136 if you got any pics :)
 

·
mind taking
Joined
·
370 Posts
I was #90

Thanks to everyone at Lemurian Classic, the race is one of my favorites and it didn't disappoint this year. I cramped big-time late in the race and ruined my shot at under 3hrs, but I cut off lots of time from last year so Im happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,371 Posts
Loki - wow, good eye! thanks for the pic!

JMac, due to an unfortunate tire situation last wednesday, I was stuck with 1.9 Kenda Karma's F&R on a HT 29er for the race. I actually thought the tires were perfect for 95% of the course. The other 5% I was praying for my sidewalls, but overall it wasn't too bad a tire choice. I didn't think big volume was necessary like it is in D-ville.
 

·
Urban Ninja
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JMac47 said:
How'd your Epic do and what tires did you end up running jeng?
I ran the nevy/sb8 tubeless combo I always do and they worked great. I saw several ppl by the side of the road changing flats and was stoked it wasn't me. Could have gone lighter tires prolly, but I'm comfortable with this setup. The bike worked great.
 

·
menace to myself & others
Joined
·
370 Posts
I cut almost 20 minutes off my time from last year. And I was 83% less destroyed at the end.

I swore last year that I would never race this event again without a bike that fit me. Not the first vow I've ever broken, but possibly the most painful. I can not wait until my frame is ready.

I was sorry to miss the recovery ride on Sunday, but needed to get home. Rafael and Mat, fun camping with you guys!

Pretty sure I was #216.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Thanks to all those who helped put this on! What a great event! It was the first race that I have participated in. I have only been out on a few rides this year so I signed up for the 20 mile loop. I was just hoping to finish and ended up with a third for my class. If you happen to have any pics of #280 that'd be awesome. I was on a Specialized Enduro SL, one of the few dual crown guys out there. ha
 

·
-
Joined
·
677 Posts
I was #57

That was a very fun and challenging course...

Every muscle that could have possibly cramped started cramping at mile 19 until the finish....yep, even my fingers and toes:madman:

My seatdropper made a HUGE difference going through the gnarly/or steep sections...I only walked the boulders on Satan's Crack...did anybody clear that?:confused:

It was brutal, but I still had a lot of fun -- definitely doing it again next year.
 
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Top