Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to Weaverville next weekend and wish to pre-ride the Lemurian race course Saturday, April 16. Are there any locals planning rides this date?

·
2012 Race: April 28th!
871 Posts
Victor said:
I am heading to Weaverville next weekend and wish to pre-ride the Lemurian race course Saturday, April 16. Are there any locals planning rides this date?
Victor: Saturday the 16th there is a big equestrian event at Whiskeytown. So we locals are avoiding the area that day. I'll preride it with Sunday...which course do you want to do?

BTW while you're in Weaverville you MUST ride the trails behind the high school, they're some of the best in Norcal!

·
871 Posts
Pictures from

Victor said:
Pictures from yesterday's ride. Lots of water flowing at Whiskeytown, there are dozens of little waterfalls along the course just like this one.

Attachments

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
How much climbing?

I've always wanted to ride up there and it looks like the weather will be perfect. How much climbing on the 26 mile route? I'd be interested in riding with someone on Saturday. However, I'm much slower than most. Odds are if you are a racer then I would be too slow for you. But I routinely do 25-30 mile rides once a week.

·
871 Posts
Wherewolf said:
I've always wanted to ride up there and it looks like the weather will be perfect. How much climbing on the 26 mile route? I'd be interested in riding with someone on Saturday. However, I'm much slower than most. Odds are if you are a racer then I would be too slow for you. But I routinely do 25-30 mile rides once a week.
There's only 5200 ft of climbing in the long course, but its fairly steep, so its kinda slow. Lots of experts will finish in 2 hrs 40 - 50 mins. It takes me 4 hrs of riding time at cruise pace, and I'm not super slow. BTW, Saturday is NOT the day to ride Whiskeytown unless you relish the smell of fresh horse turds. :( How about Sunday instead?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LemurianGuy said:
There's only 5200 ft of climbing in the long course, but its fairly steep, so its kinda slow. Lots of experts will finish in 2 hrs 40 - 50 mins. It takes me 4 hrs of riding time at cruise pace, and I'm not super slow. BTW, Saturday is NOT the day to ride Whiskeytown unless you relish the smell of fresh horse turds. :( How about Sunday instead?
I might be interested for a Sunday ride. Particularily if you know the course!

·
871 Posts
Wherewolf said:
That would certainly kill my knees. Sundays don't work for me and I'm sure you guys would be bored riding with me anyway.
C'mon Wolf, how about Saturday the 23rd? The Redding Mtn bike club is having 2 rides...the short course & the intermediate course. I'm planning to ride the long course that day, so you'd have plenty of options. The club has riders of all abilities, for sure you wouldn't be the last guy. Whiskeytown is beautiful this time of year, treat yourself!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.