Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fact! Actually I'm looking for some facts on this Lemond mountain bike like where it was made, year it was made, what may have come original on the bike. Any info would help. Serial # is GL 5874. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,751 Posts
My Foggy Memory Thinks...

That that is probably a 1993 or 1994 model. Complete they were offered with either m900 XTR or Campy Record O.R. builds. Retail was around $4-4500 depending on the parts. I don't remember who built them.

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
intional lemond tis were actually made by litespeed & shared the same seatstays as the litespeed built raleigh replica racer (aside from cable guides).

I've got the 91 MBA test of the lemond ti mtb somewhere :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info so far

Here are a couple more pics, there are two holes in the dropouts so I'm guessing litespeed built around 93,94? I heard it mabey came with a campy group. I would love to see those scans from the mag if you can dig those up. I have not decided what parts to put on I was thinking single speed but to fully restore it would be cool as well I open to any ideas. Thanks Steve

Attachments

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
I'd agree about the LiteSpeed.....

I've got a couple of Clark Kent's, F12 F14, and he tended to include the same details in all his mountain frames.

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
well as I suggested & eric & cmdrpiffle have confirmed. its definately a litespeed built.
unfortunately I cant scan in the original test :(
tho I did read it last nite. in the MBA test if came specced with a full 92 campag gruppo & mani 1 forks. As an available frameset it was available with either the mani 1s or a rigid ritchey fork.

good luck on the build. definately a rare & mint condition find :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought this exact frame and am trying to confirm some conflicting information I've come up with. One source that I trust as very knowledgable says Lemond had an exclusive deal with Clark Kent to build all of their Ti frames during the early 90's. The concensus on this thread is that the bike is a Litespeed. Who's right?

For pic's of my bike (an 18' NOS version of this, dressed in Campagnolo Icarus and with the same paint), go here: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=186952

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
dannyg1 said:
I just bought this exact frame and am trying to confirm some conflicting information I've come up with. One source that I trust as very knowledgable says Lemond had an exclusive deal with Clark Kent to build all of their Ti frames during the early 90's. The concensus on this thread is that the bike is a Litespeed. Who's right?

For pic's of my bike (an 18' NOS version of this, dressed in Campagnolo Icarus and with the same paint), go here: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=186952
Just make sure you take a peek at the forum posting rules regarding 'for sale' items too...

Personally, I'd say keep it and ride it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I sold an identical frame, except for size, a few years back on eBay. We had it in the shop on display built with Specialized's "Hot Rod" kit. These frames were built by LiteSpeed, as others have mentioned.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.