Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went camping up at craine prarie a week ago and drove up to the loop which goes around lemish lake. those are supposed to be some good trails in that area.

i kid you not, the trail once we got to the lake was downed trees every 20 feet. it was out of control. after the 15th one, we decided to bag it.

not to mention the blood sucking bugs that ravage you whenever you stop. these guys could care less about deet.

anyone know if this is ever going to be cleared? does it get better after a ways?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
The blow down is pretty normal every year. It does get bucked out. Usually after the bugs die down if it is being done by volunteers (COTA takes care of those trails IIRC).

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
sketchbook said:
ah thanks man.

i will have to check into COTA, sounds like fun.

these were not a few small trees, but like big masses of trees 2 feet from the ground. crazy.
COTA is very active and has a nice web site: http://cotamtb.org

The log piles are also "normal." I have been on trails where I walked on logs 3-4 feet off the ground for 200 meters to continue on the trail.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sure. i went with someone who had some knowledge of the area, but i don't think he had gone in a while.

i live in tigard.

new to mountain biking altogether. just bought a used 2004 specialized enduro pro off craigslist probably from someone on this list :)

john (no last name)

it's a nice bike.

if you know of some good trails closer to home i would be obliged.

i was up at hagg lake a few days ago canoeing. seams there is a trail there...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
sketchbook said:
sure. i went with someone who had some knowledge of the area, but i don't think he had gone in a while.

i live in tigard.

new to mountain biking altogether. just bought a used 2004 specialized enduro pro off craigslist probably from someone on this list :)

john (no last name)

it's a nice bike.

This forum is a good place to ask about trails and the current conditions. The Lemish Lake/Cultus/Waldo areas have great trails and are great places to ride - at the right time of year. Still a bit early.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Hagg has a trail that loops around the lake with a couple of short road sections. 14.5 miles around. Best time to ride it is weedday s as the weekends get pretty busy there with other users.

sketchbook said:

i live in tigard.

john (no last name)

it's a nice bike.

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
itchy

Some folks I know went to Hagg lake about a month ago, and several of them got Poison Oak, and several others got scratched up pretty good. Sounded like the trails was a titch overgrown.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.