Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, here she is! Got her built up just before Christmas :thumbsup:
What a present from the boys at Banshee. This thing really is so beautiful in person.
All the CNC work is just incredible.

Sorry for the crummy picture, it was a test on my new phone. There will be many more in the near future so not to worry.

I have some parts that will be swapped out very soon so I will do a full parts spec for y'all when I get the parts on there I want.

As for now I have only had a very few runs on it as there is a shite ton of snow here in the mountains. One thing to happen in the very near future is to set up a flat no rise bar and bring the front down just a bit on the fork. I am sure it will feel great on the big mountain in the summer but for now the front is way to high.

One last thing to note, this baby is looooow. It actually is low and it feels it too :thumbsup: My last DH bike had a 13.5" static BB height. This thing is right at 14.21" static and with that shock sitting so low it is super easy to move about. Feels very much like the last bike in this respect (Nicolai UFO ST). This is a VERY good thing imo.

Many more thoughts to come on this beauty!

Ohh and 40.14 lbs without even working at it at all!

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Looks great Boone...

boone said:
Bob, sorry for the poor pic quality...I was testing out my new phone and it wasn't all that great :)

Its black btw. Hang in for many more pics.
Looking good bro,long time no see how you been? Glad to see you aboard the Banshee's..I will be working with and riding a Banshee 29er for 09 and I can't wait..;) What else are you riding ( if anything) Looking forward to more pic....Be safe.CF....

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy shitz, Crazy Fred my man! I have been well and you? Best wishes to you and yours for the new year!

I an currently riding a Banshee legend and Pyre. There are some pics of my Pyre in the Pyre setup or Pyre pics thread if you care to see :) I am also riding a http://www.theproletariatbicycleco.com/ cross bike. I get out on the road AND trails on this bad boy. Occasionally I will get in a 9er ride but the cross bike is taking up most of the 9er duties lately. Too bad cause that Paradox is AWESOME!! That should be one fun bike to beat around, enjoy it. Jay did a superb job.

·
Woodlot local
497 Posts
Ah BLACK!!!

Mine is in black as well and should arrive within a week. Small with a CCDB.

It will sport a Fox 40 and the usual DH type kit.

With so much snow around my parts right now, I have a feeling it may get built and sit for a month before the trails are rideable.

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bob...That is SWEEEEEET!!! I din't know you were getting one too :) Power to the PNW!
So does this mean I will see you at Port Angles and Mt Hood this summer?

You are gonna love the CCDB! That is sooooo sweet.

Unfortunately for us the snow is def a factor too :( I have ridden a little on the legend but it has been on less than ideal trails! At least it is riding :)

Post em up when ya got'em.

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mtb_biker said:
ooo nice, are you running a vivid on there? ti spring? build/spec list? :)
Thanks mate! How's yours coming? Didn't you get one of these bad boys too?

Yeah, vivid :thumbsup: Ti spring to be coming soon! I was going to wait on a build list as many things will change but why not? More chances for me to post up pics.

The build list as of right now:
2009 Banshee Legend frame black, medium
2008 mavic 823 rims dt double butted spokes
minion f and r tubeless
FSA DH BB isis drive (83X128)
Truvativ holzfeller cranks 170mm
Gamut P40, 38t ring
shimano 647 dx pedals
2008 rock shox vivid 5.1 250lb steel spring (Ti soon!)
2008 rock shox boxxer team
Hayes nine brakes (not the greatest!) Didn't want to nab the codes off my trail bike. I will be riding that bike more in the short term. New codes for the legend soon.
Bontrager lock-ons (These things ROCK!!)
Sram X-9 rear der
Sram X9 shifter
FSA bars (too much rise. Low rise coming soon)
Funn boxxer direct mount 40-50mm (set at 50 right now)
Syncros post
WTB devo saddle (not pictured)

Did I forget anything? It's not the fanciest build of these things we will see but, not all legend testers are gonna be high rollin' pros ;)

I chose the vivid with the idea of seeing what Push will be able to do to a vivid in the very near future. Could have had the CCDB but I figured there would be lots of people getting those for this frame. Never hurts to have and test something a little different. Sides, if push cannot make the vivid damn close to the CCDB...I sell the vivid and buy a CCDB. No harm and I learn a lot about suspension in the mean time :thumbsup: I'm also secretly hoping that Push can give my boxxer team a little love too...in the way of world cup/push internals love. That is probably only a dream though.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
boone said:
Holy shitz, Crazy Fred my man! I have been well and you? Best wishes to you and yours for the new year!

I an currently riding a Banshee legend and Pyre. There are some pics of my Pyre in the Pyre setup or Pyre pics thread if you care to see :) I am also riding a http://www.theproletariatbicycleco.com/ cross bike. I get out on the road AND trails on this bad boy. Occasionally I will get in a 9er ride but the cross bike is taking up most of the 9er duties lately. Too bad cause that Paradox is AWESOME!! That should be one fun bike to beat around, enjoy it. Jay did a superb job.
Just had a look at the Pyre thread ,WOW goog looking bike you got there bro..I hold your opinion in a VERY high reguard being an X-Nicolai man like myself..I do belive Nicolai makes the best bikes on TWENTY SIX in. wheels but also have a VERY open mind..It sounds as if your quite happy with your rides and that's good enough for me my friend....:thumbsup: Hey right back at ya on the happy New year for you and yours,and look to see alot of me around here on the Banshee forum..C-ya...CF......

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mtb_biker said:
And er um yea maybe I have one ;)

You could also get a zero stack headset if you're trying to lower the bars a bit more too if you haven't considered that yet.
Well....when can we expect to see it up on SLs.com? :eek:

Zero stack: Yeah I thought about that too but I am gonna go lower bars and lower the fork a little and see what that does first. I am a really big fan of the orbit Xtreme pro so if I can keep it I will be happy. But I am open to letting it go if I need to!

Been building my arse off the past couple weekends. We are hosting a Mini-DH race in town here this weekend so I can get out on the Legend and see how it feels. Built a sizable rock garden to get some bumps in but still nothing too tech yet :rolleyes: Dang snow...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.