Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
34.5 lbs? damn thats lighter than my Rune! Of course when I get my legend the Rune will lighten up..

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Don't know much about DH rigs, but I'd tend to say that's a damn nice looking ride and very, very respectable weight for an AM rig, farless a DH sled. Enjoy that machine to the fullest :thumbsup:

·
Sunshine & Slippery Trail
166 Posts
Hey Bob Rocket, can we get a parts list? Would love to know how you got it so light. I can see some parts that are helping but can't work out how it's that light (not at all saying I don't believe you, just interested). My Spitty is only a few pounds lighter than that!

·
Woodlot local
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
607 Posts
Throw a vivid air on it and get it sub 34!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
BicycleMcRider said:
This made me laugh. What the hell do you have on your rune?
well, my rune is almost 37 lbs, with my dh wheelset...probly 34.5 with trail wheelset. It has coil suspension (rockshox domain 180, Elka w/out ti coil), saint 8" brakes, raceface respond cranks, answer protaper bars. Dh wheelset: Transition hubs/halo SAS rims, heavy Intense 2--ply 2.5"s. Trail wheels: hope pro 2's/mavic 823's, various lightish 2.3"-2.4" rubber. Its my only bike so its built kinda burly, when I finally get a Legend too it might lighten up. Either that, or build a light Spitfire instead and leave the Rune heavy.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've never actually weighed them, but the stock posts that comes with the frames have always felt lighter than a comparable Thomson post. Any reason you chose the Thomson?
Sick build, by the way...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Masterpiece is still lighter than the stock post...

took the stock post from the rune for my legend, weights ~230gr with 350mm length...
thomson elite is slightly heavier than that, masterpiece 40gr or so less...

sick build, and some serious money in it :D

have also finished to build my legend and will make pics of it maybe this weekend... already got 3 rides on it... sick bike!!

tho mine weights around 40 pounds...
build is like that: legend mk2 large with RC4/steel spring
boxxer team 2010
old avid brakes (mix of code 5/juicy7/shimano rotors-->saint brakes will be coming soon)
wheels are nukeproof hubs with sun mtx 29 rims and minions, with standard tubes
thomson 50mm stem-->soon to be swapt for a direct mount stem, just because it looks better :)
spike spank 777 evo bar 15mm rise
banshee seatpost/ritchey wcs saddle
saint crank, with saint 36t bashguard, 36t ring
superstar components plasma chainguide-->sick looking, very light (145gr plus the bash) and for 35 pounds!!
sram x9 shifting
dura ace 12-27 9-speed cassette
superstar components aluminium axle

thats it... with swaping the spring to titanium, and new pedals (now some old chunk-->waiting for the spike spank pedals) it is still around 39#... but sooo happy with it...

btw, my rune used to be in the 35# range as well, with a bikepark-oriented build... now a litte less than 33#, soon with RS reverb...

·
Woodlot local
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
juanbeegas said:
I've never actually weighed them, but the stock posts that comes with the frames have always felt lighter than a comparable Thomson post. Any reason you chose the Thomson?
Sick build, by the way...
As MalcolmX mentioned, I am running a Thompson Masterpiece post. From what I've found it is the lightest aluminum post out there and is still super strong.

The weights for posts are as follows:

Thompson Masterpiece post: 167g
Banshee Praxxis post: 237g
Thompson Elite post: 251g

1 - 20 of 23 Posts