Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
When doing Penasquitos, make sure you don't park in any of the gated lots. The signs there clearly state that the park closes at sundown, which is when the rangers close and lock the gates to the lots. I found out first hand how beyond pissed they get if they have to wait for you to return to get your car out of the lot.

Ratt said:
The usual suspects are Lake Hodges and Los Penasquitos

G

·
Hodges is a nice route to do at night, especially if you add in bernardo peak. we did bernardo peak at night for the first time on Wed. and it was fun!

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
How about the status of Noble Canyon?

G

·
Noble would be one hell of a night ride, just be careful.

with freezing temps at elevation you might be asking for hypothermia!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Are you implying that some of the trails in San Diego are illegal to ride at night? Not any that I know of.

Outside!

·
Registered
490 Posts
outside! said:
Are you implying that some of the trails in San Diego are illegal to ride at night? Not any that I know of.

Outside!
Night riding is not allowed in San Diego County or City parks, all parks are closed from sunset to sunrise. Although it's well known that the Rangers are so under staffed some Parks have a "don't ask don't tell" policy for Night riding, and with massive layoffs looming within the City Park and Rec Dept. (See link below) this policy may widen to other scoff Laws or policies.

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070120-9999-7m20parks.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.