Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sweep the leg!
3,803 Posts
if you're freezing your ass leg warmers won't cut it :D I'm about the same inseam and I wear large warmers. Is the cold bugging your knees? I switched to wearing knickers a few years back and they keep my knees warm without the bulk of leg warmers. Plus, if it warms up I can roll them up above the knee and still be comfy.

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
I've had the hardest time with leg warmers. I like them but it's "sometimes" hard for me to keep them from sliding down. I've tried L and Md and niether will just stay put perfectly enough. I can't stand nickersr I just wear the bottom of the LM unzipped other wise my anckles get cold, but I might just try the tights with no chamiose too wear under my baggeis.

I never see anyone else complain about this though mabye not that many people wear them or they just don't have this prob.

·
Registered
372 Posts
just pull them up

You need to pull leg warmers up past the gribber on your shorts. I put on my shorts, roll them up, pull the leg warmers far up, theanen roll the shorts back down. The elastic in the shorts prevents the elastic in the warmer from sliding down. I use to have problems until an old timer showed me how to do it right. I had given up on them, now I can't live without them. They are so versatile, a cols morning ride that turns into a warm afternoon ride is no problem any longer. Try it. They are a geeky but functional item.
Tim from Ma.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.