Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me of do you think Leftys look silly on other bikes.

Cannondale SI makes the Lefty work with the bike.

But for some reason when I see a Lefty on a non Cannondale it just looks wrong.

It's like subsonic aircraft being fitted with Concorde noses.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
someone posted a a yeti asr on here a while back with a lefty it looked totally kick ass.

there is a guy here in houston that has a IF bike with a lefty looks really sharp.

klein...i think it's you.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Not exactly a Lefty install, but the Merlin Fat-Ti was pretty sweet with a Headshok.

PK

·
Registered
410 Posts
PMK said:
Not exactly a Lefty install, but the Merlin Fat-Ti was pretty sweet with a Headshok.

PK
good bike!

a few years ago i saw a litespeed sewanee with a lefty on it. the guy who owned it had litespeed build the frame with the characteristic cannondale beefed up headset and downtube. an amazing bike!

wasn't the original opinion that other manufacturers frames would not be strong enough to accommodate the lefty?

i guess time will tell.

·
Registered
Top Fuel
1,567 Posts
You're killin' me man!

Hey my kid liked his lefty, so when we built him up a "new" bike (outgrew the old Cannondale), we transferred the lefty over. I do agree it looks better with the big headtube...but hey, function over form, right?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
cactus jack slade has an awesome mojo sl with a lefty and it looks awesome. ive seen a giant anthem and an epic both with lefty's and again... looked really good.

·
Mr. Knowitall
862 Posts
Lefty fits everything, and I am about to fit my Yeti 575 with a Lefty Max RLC for form AND function with the best inners combined with the stiffest outers. No competition!

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,331 Posts
PMK said:

PK
Or perhaps the Merlin Fat Beat? Love the crap out of mine, scored it NOS last year, and put a Lefty DLR ti on it as soon as it showed.....:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope none of these bikes are doing it for me yet lol. I have yet to see a non Cannondale with a lefty that looks good.

Has anyone got a picture of the Scott Spark?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I've seen a carbon Tomac, a Salsa Moto Rapido and a few custom Ti. bikes that look awesome with the Lefty fork. If you ride a 29er the Lefty is a great choice for a suspension fork.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts