Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to change suspension travel of any lefty fork? I would like to buy a 2009 Cannondale Carbon Lefty SL 130mm, but can I change it to a 110mm travel fork for my 650b wheel, or a 29er front wheel @ 80mm?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
alien too said:
Is it possible to change suspension travel of any lefty fork? I would like to buy a 2009 Cannondale Carbon Lefty SL 130mm, but can I change it to a 110mm travel fork for my 650b wheel, or a 29er front wheel @ 80mm?
Yes. This is all correct. For the 130's you do need to shrink the travel to 110. But when you do that, whats the point in getting the 130 over the 110?
 

·
LA CHÈVRE
Joined
·
9,429 Posts
amillmtb said:
Yes. This is all correct. For the 130's you do need to shrink the travel to 110. But when you do that, whats the point in getting the 130 over the 110?
Because if he gets a 110, he'll have to reduce the travel to 90-80 for a 29er wheel... Or am I missing something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
I'm not sure why he's changing anything at all, the 110 doesn't require any mods for the 650b conversion as previously pointed out. I ran (and will be running again) a 110 in 650b with no issues whatsoever. The only issue I see is the taller fork, I'm assuming the 130 has an A2C 20mm higher than the 110.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Because if he gets a 110, he'll have to reduce the travel to 90-80 for a 29er wheel... Or am I missing something?
Yea...he has to reduce it to 80-90 for the 29er on the PBR 130 too. There is basically no difference when you get into travel shortening with the lefty's. Plus...he mentioned 650b which needs no travel reduction for the 110, but the 130 must be shimmed to 110...I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what I don't know. Can you limit down travel? Can you limit up travel? Are these done with the magic 10mm spacer.

I believe when you do a 29er setup you would limit down and up travel???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
alien too said:
This is what I don't know. Can you limit down travel? Can you limit up travel? Are these done with the magic 10mm spacer.

I believe when you do a 29er setup you would limit down and up travel???
I have no idea what you are talking about...but for a 29er you would have to go to 80-90mm of travel, which ever lefty you have.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top