Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has it yet been determined whether or not one can shim a Lefty Speed FOX RLC from it's standard 110mm travel to 80mm? On most any FOX RLC fork, one can reduce the amount of travel by way of shims...does this hold true on the Cannondale/FOX project? Ideally, I would like a 2008 F29er with a FOX RLC Lefty.

·
Registered
235 Posts
noper

My rep said that it will NOT work for 29. Something about there not being enough space left inside for travel reducers. This could be wrong though.

BTW I have been running 90 mm of travel by using 2 spacers instead of 3.

You can check to see if the tire will hit by letting all the air out of the lefty and fully compressing it. It just clears the Rampage 2.35 BTW.

I have a large and this is fine but the tire may hit the downtube on a Med.

·
Registered
344 Posts
jdog said:
My rep said that it will NOT work for 29. Something about there not being enough space left inside for travel reducers. This could be wrong though.
Thanks for the reply, JDOG. I think that Cannondale officially says that the Lefty Max also cannot be reduced for use on a 29er.

I am hoping that Craig can provide insight and/or the required spacers for the RLC travel reduction. I took a look at the manual for the RLC, and it looks that a spacer like we use in the Max (fits on the shaft inside of the spring) may work.

I am currently running a carbon DLR2 at 90mm as well on a Moots Mooto-X, and I have the opportunity to get an RLC.

Jeffrey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts