Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
fella
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a race on Sunday and yesterday wanted to pump some more air into the fork (Lefty Carbon SL). So, I screwed on the pump and pumped it up to 105 psi, when removing the pump, something got stuck, all the air got away and the fork spitted some red oil through the valve. I was able to pump the fork after that and it holds air just fine. The question is: what is that oil in the air chamber? Is it supposed to be there? Am I having a problem with some kind of oil leakage here?

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,484 Posts
slyboots said:
The question is: what is that oil in the air chamber? Is it supposed to be there? Am I having a problem with some kind of oil leakage here?
Supposed to be there, it lubricates the air piston. If it's an issue, turn the bike upside down to fill the fork with air. :thumbsup:

·
fella
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Mendon
So, now I should worry if I have lost to much oil from the chamber and won't have proper lubrication. Damn. :)
Anyway, I think it should last another week and then I'll service it at a bikeshop before TransAlp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.