Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my bike the other day and noticed that the boot on my lefty had slipped and moved up a little bit (the zip tie was still on the boot but the boot moved up away from the hub). A little bit of grease or oil was seeping out of the bottom of the boot. I have had the bike for 2 years. Do I need to worry about the boot sliding up like that? Also, how often should I get the fork serviced? It is a lefty Jake.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
It shouldn't move up. The zip tie must be too loose but since the boot has moved and exposed the inside to dirt/water/mud, I would definitly get it checked. A cleaning and regrease of the bearings and races under the boot should be needed... Do it or get it done and then make sure the boot wont come up again, it's there for a reason.

As for the service interval, it depends how much and in what conditions you ride. Normally, a service once a year is good to keep it in fine condition for a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.