Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying out a Rize 130 with the Lefty PBR and was playing with the air pressure.

I put my fox shock pump on the valve and started pumping.

Some points:
1. It didn't take a pressure reading when I put the pump on like on most other shocks and forks.
2. I pumped it up to about 180 before the reading would increment only 5-10lbs rather then 80 for each stroke.

The tech manual won't load from the cannondale site and I can't find any other tech info on this fork.

Does anyone know the pressure range you should have in this fork? Is this normally how people put air in this fork? Just keep pumping until if feels right and hope you don't blow anything?

Great fork other then that. I was quite impressed.

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,763 Posts
The valve is too far in. I had to back mine out a little to get it to work. You want it to just barely be out far enough to get a reading and then you will not loose any air when you take the pump off.

As far as air pressure...the manual recommended about 115psi for me at 195 lbs. NOT EVEN CLOSE! I put between 175-180psi
Mind you I am not a fan of stiff suspension. On my 140 Max, I have the red spring instead of the recommended black spring (the black is the next stiffer spring from the red) and am fine with that.
I tried 125psi and it was like riding on a wet noodle - not very much fun at all.

Max pressure is 225psi

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
The manual opens fine here. Direct link

Here's the table of suggested pressures, the word suggested being important, these are just estimates that you should use as starting points but most of the time, you may end up using different pressures.

LBS/KG PSI

75/34 45
100/45 60
125/57 75
150/68 90
175/80 105
200/91 120
225/102 135
250/114 149
275/125 164

Funny enough, the manual says the minimum pressure is 50 PSI but the table starts at 45...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.