Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am no expert on lefty's but I imagine if it is only a small amount of oil around the filter then it shouldn't be a problem, if you look at the servicing tech note pdf for the lefty it says lightly oil the airfilter so there should be a slight amount of oil in the filter from when it was assembled (hopefully)

And since re-oiling my lefty airfilter I now have oil residue around the holes of the filter boot, perhaps I have over oiled the filter?? maybe yours was over oiled by Cannondale??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, it's quite normal. There has to be some oil on the air filter, at least that's what the manual says. When I took mine off for service, I put on too much and now the damn thing is everywhere :) So just don't worry and ride it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found some oil on the top too (small amount)

I was running 100 psi, but when arrived at my car was waay too soft, so now I have to put140 psi to be able to feel it the way it was with 100 psi.
Maybe lost the oil inside the fork?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.