Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a way to attach a mudguard to the lefty fork, SKS used to sell adapters, but it seems they no longer make them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a web address, I tried universal and the one they had listed in the search only had the headshox adapter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T.H.E do a pair or brackets and the mudguard to fit the lefty, have ordered mine though my local bike shop, who in turn order from silverfish the UK distributor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a Front mudguard that fits a lefty

I was able to do minor adjustments to the TOPEAK M1 Mudguard, and load it on a 2011 RZ 120 Two Lefty.

I'm unable to post images or links, if anyone knows how I can bypass the :madman: 10 posts limit, plz advise.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The previous owner of mine has put a star fangled nut up the inside of mine (with some sort of rubberized tube between it and the steerer tube), and then I just drilled a hole through a SKS shockguard (with busted fittings anyway) and use a bolt to attach it.

A 1.5 star fangle nut 'might' just fit directly?

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I don't mind mud so much...

If you don't like mud ,,,, ride a road bike .
Fenders are dumb on mountain bikes :rolleyes:
... as long as it stays out of my face and eyes.

Yeah... thinking of this myself, since this is my first rainy season on a Lefty.

In the past, I've just used a piece of innertube scrap zip tied from the fork arch to the crown.. and a downtube Mudslide strap-on fender. That keeps the worst of it from being kicked up into my eyes.... and yes, I wear glasses, too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you don't like mud ,,,, ride a road bike .
Fenders are dumb on mountain bikes
I like cycling, to me it's not about being a fashion statement, & needing, sorry no, trying deperately to look cool.

·
Just a flesh wound
2,369 Posts
Mud guard

I got one for my Prophet that mounts to the underside of the downtube. Keeps the mud from flying straight up into your face. Maybe not perfect, but better than eating mud on a regular basis.

It's really not about eating mud, but rather about getting it into the eyes. Glasses are good for a bit unless it's over 60 degrees and sweat makes them useless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Riding in the mud

My friends, trust me - you can't ride in the Pacific Northwest (Seattle area) with out mud guards ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts