Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm hoping to get some advise on which fork I should keep. I have a 2006 Cannondale Prophet 600 with a Lefty Max Fluid-Flow, 140 mm. The problem is that the bike is a large and being my 1st full suspension bike, I trusted the bike shop to set me up with the right fit. It soon became clear that I should've gone with my gut and had the bike shop order me an XL. They were a nightmare and would not exchange the bike, so my Prophet has had little use over the last 2 years.:madman: It's just not comfortable for a larger rider like me.

I'm ready to get back into biking and just picked up a nice used 2008 Prophet 4 in an XL frame. I plan on selling the 2006. The 2008 came with RockShox Tora 302 Solo Air 130mm forks. I have been reading as many reviews and threads as I can to decide if I should keep the RockShox and upgrade later or if I should switch out forks and put the Lefty Max on the 2008. Any help and opinions would be appreciated.

I'm also not sure if it would be worth it to change out other components between the two bikes, but if anyone wants to take the time to look and give suggestions, here are the links for the specs on the two bikes.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8VE4.html
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/CUSA/model-6VE6.html

I'm also posting this in the Cannondale forum.
Thanks all!

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
Big prophets fit really really wierd. Really wierd, really. I'm 6'3 and i would ride a large with a long seatpost, a riser stem and riser bars before stretching myself over an XL. Anyway, if it were me i'd use the lefty, sell the tora, and use the proceeds to buy a tpc+ cart, as FFD sucks just as bad as the no-name damper in the tora 302. Lefties are pretty nice, although they seem to take a little more maintenance than a traditional fork.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.