Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am putting new oil in my lety Max FFD 140...

the manual say 155cc ... but at one 155 cc the oil pours out the top when i put the compression rod back in... and once everything it up and running i cannot compress the fork .....

what oil volumes are the rest of you running?

·
Just a flesh wound
2,373 Posts
The manual is right.

When I did mine, I was sure that I wouldn't get the oil in. It fits, but you have to move the damper up and down a little to get it in.

The next time I did it I shipped it to Mendon Cycle Smith. No mess and a perfect lefty!

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
DH_WP said:
but at one 155 cc the oil pours out the top when i put the compression rod back in... and once everything it up and running i cannot compress the fork .....
Your oil level is fine. It should run out a bit when reinstalling the compression unit. Having the bleed screw out during that process will make it less geyser like, as it will be if you install the damper, then undo the bleed screw. Like, shoot across the room and disappear under the fridge force :eekster:

Your fork won't compress because you didn't replace the foam compression compensator. It's saturated, and causing hydraulic lock.

Unlike other forks that are able to possibly be tuned via varying oil level, the Lefty is a closed system, so fill it to the rim, a bit of overflow just ensures a complete fill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.