Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Prophet 5 with a Lefty Max140 FFD , It has only one adjustment , a small red dial on top of the lefty , I want to know if that dial is supposed to have any "click" when it is being turned ? Because when I turn mine , it just spin smoothly and I don't feel it does much of anything at all to the damping of the fork??

Could anyone has the same fork comment on how that red dial supposed to feel when turn?

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,484 Posts
Tighten it fully to stop, clockwise. One full rotation back is the full range of adjustment. If you don't have a nice slow rebound upon full tight, your aluminum push rod is frozen in the damper shaft. Fairly common, particularly when it's in a wet environment.

·
Registered
88 Posts
attn: lefty mecanics!

I'd like to resurrect this thread not only for my sake, but for others who are still using the 07-06 Lefty Maxs 140mm and come across their rebounds not working. Mine stopped, and I have the lefty stripped down to having the spring and rebound push rod removed.

(see cannondale pdf. file on Lefty Max)

I can re-insert the rebound push rod and get resistance from the bottom spring (ie, it's not stuck, warped, or seized) All other parts are in intact (and complete)...Before I go ahead and put everything back together, do I need to adjust something else? (it's hard to know if the rebound is engaged w/out reinstalling everything)...(I have the SPV version)

Thanks.

(btw, lefty max is fairly easy to disassemble because you don't need any special tools!:thumbsup: )

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've been having trouble with mine (2005 Lefty Max SPV).
When it was almost new, the rebound knob would turn endlessly and not do anything. I found that if I dialed it out all the way it would pop out of the threads under the top cap, and just spin loosely under the top cap.

Fixed that a few times and got used to NOT loosing it too far, but now I think something else is going on.
The Lefty is due for a tune up/overhaul anyway, so I'm probably just gonna send it to Craig/Mendon one of these days.

·
Registered
88 Posts
put it back together...still nothing...:bluefrown:

pm'd craig and we'll see what it costs for a simple fix (maybe even upgrade to TPC)...

in the meantime, any other suggestions (down below the boot that I could try??)..thanks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.