Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My manual lockout knob on my 2000 lefty spins all the way round. It will still lockout but I have to set it just right. Should I get it repaired or just get a new lefty?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have just recieved my new Scalpel 3000. I has a Lefty DLR carbon. The manual lockout can also spin all the way around. You can feel a slight increase in resistance when you dial clockwise, so you know that the lockout is on. Is this normal or shoudl it only be turned, say about 45-60 degrees??

·
Huge Tracts of Land
165 Posts
Ullos

I think you are confusing two different things

you should have a big black plastic knob about 1 cm down the fork and a smaller knurled metallic knob on top of the Lefty

The big plastic fork is the lockout -- turn forward and lockout turn towards you and you are on

The metallic knob is I believe your dampening or rebound knob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MijnNewt said:
I have just recieved my new Scalpel 3000. I has a Lefty DLR carbon. The manual lockout can also spin all the way around. You can feel a slight increase in resistance when you dial clockwise, so you know that the lockout is on. Is this normal or shoudl it only be turned, say about 45-60 degrees??
Hey MijnNewt,

I know it's not normal on my lefty because it used to stop at a certain point to unlock, and stop at another point to lock. Ive never used a dlr carbon lefty, but if your talking about the big plastic knob then id go get checked out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It is the big nob, the small red knob is the rebound (witch kan turn all the way around a couple of times). The big nob however can turn all the way. Very strange that this is not normal, because I got it new this way????????

·
Registered
659 Posts
Check that the fork was put on with the aluminum spacer inside for manual lockout. It isn't used with the ELO which is now discontinued. I installed my fork without the spacer first and the lockout turned 360 as you describe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey skinl19,

where is this spacer located? and is it possible for the spacer to come out of place while installed?

·
Registered
659 Posts
On my carbon Lefty (2004) there is an aluminum hollow spacer spacer a couple of inches long, it looks more like a tube, that fits inside the top of the fork leg. I was told originally that it was for the ELO unit and didn't need it. The fork locked out fine the first time you try after installing without it but then the lever would just turn until the spacer was put in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts