Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06' Rush 800 w/Lefty Speed
I know there have been a few posts about leaking leftys but mine seems to be leaking at the top (lock out lever or cap on the whole body). I have been on it 10 - 15 times and I get anywhere from a few drops to a coating from the top down to a soaked frame protector pad... everyone else seems to be describing fluid lower down (around the boot and brake caliper)
1. How worried should I be?
2. How much fluid can be lost before it is a bigger problem.
3. Any advice on how to tighten or remove the top of the body tube...seems like a special tool needed. (Bike bought on west coast and I am now in PA) Do I need to find a Cannondale dealer and have it looked at?

I have read all the posts and info about replacing the seal...is that it seems like I need.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
DJ

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't answer your question but would be interested in how it turns out. I'm pretty interested in buying a 07 Rush. There is a Cannondale shop nearby that is an authorized service center. I will be talking to them before I buy.
How has you impression of the bike been besides the fork leak?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the bike. I am coming from a 2000 Klein Mantra Race (Carbon frame) which was a little lighter but nose happy. I dont really notice the additional weight climbing but I really notice much more comfort on any kind of decent. The rush is really comfortable for me and I love having the hydro. disc brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts