Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06' Rush 800 has leaked a little oil from the top since I have had it 6 months or so. Even just laying in my truck it would lose a few drops on the way to/from a ride. Anyway I read all I could...saw a lot of people saying its normal for a new lefty to leak. It did not seem to stop so the other day I take the rebound adjuster off and notice the oil in coming from under the bolt and washer holding the lockout lever on. I check Cdale website (lockout supplement) and see that the torque is really minimal (4 in/pd) on that bolt. I took it off completely to check for dirt or something under the washer (left all air out of fork first) wiped everything down and replaced. Then I air up the fork to recommended 120 psi or so. NOW...the lockout does not even work...the lever seems to move ok but does nothing to lock the fork. With red reboud adjuster still off...If I push down on the fork I can see oil ooze out and hear a little bubbling beneath the washer.

1) WHY THE LEAK?
2) WHY DID I LOSE LOCKOUT...(can that happen as oil is lost) :confused:

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
cdrush said:
My 06' Rush 800 has leaked a little oil from the top since I have had it 6 months or so. Even just laying in my truck it would lose a few drops on the way to/from a ride. Anyway I read all I could...saw a lot of people saying its normal for a new lefty to leak. It did not seem to stop so the other day I take the rebound adjuster off and notice the oil in coming from under the bolt and washer holding the lockout lever on. I check Cdale website (lockout supplement) and see that the torque is really minimal (4 in/pd) on that bolt. I took it off completely to check for dirt or something under the washer (left all air out of fork first) wiped everything down and replaced. Then I air up the fork to recommended 120 psi or so. NOW...the lockout does not even work...the lever seems to move ok but does nothing to lock the fork. With red reboud adjuster still off...If I push down on the fork I can see oil ooze out and hear a little bubbling beneath the washer.

1) WHY THE LEAK?
2) WHY DID I LOSE LOCKOUT...(can that happen as oil is lost) :confused:
It's leaking because you forgot to pay your leak-proofing bill.:D It will lose the ability to lock, if you lose enough oil, absolutely. Why? I'm guessing a loose top cap on the cartridge, a bad seal, loose bleed screw....... Either way, it should be a simple enough fix for someone who can get in there, and get it apart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.