Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all: I am planning to build a new set of wheels for my scalpel but wanted to know if there is anyone aside from cannondale who makes lefty hubs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
I know Mavic has a lefty compatible hub for their Crossmax SL wheel. And I think I read somewhere that Formula and Hugi / DT Swiss make OEM hubs for Cannondale. I only have stock Coda Expert hubs on my F800 and surprisingly they have lasted longer and trouble-free than my Deore hubs I had on my previous bike.
 

·
LA CHÈVRE
Joined
·
9,429 Posts
Cannondale make the Lefty hubs themselves. Woodman components have some good Lefty hubs but the Cannondales are lighter and not bad at all. Other than that, there are only pre-built wheels (Mavic Crossmax SL, Spinergy Xyclone and Xentis Kappa).
 

·
USED2COULD
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
krayzie said:
I know Mavic has a lefty compatible hub for their Crossmax SL wheel. And I think I read somewhere that Formula and Hugi / DT Swiss make OEM hubs for Cannondale. I only have stock Coda Expert hubs on my F800 and surprisingly they have lasted longer and trouble-free than my Deore hubs I had on my previous bike.
DT don't seem to advertise this feature
http://www.dtswiss.com/index.asp?fuseaction=hubs.bike
 

·
LA CHÈVRE
Joined
·
9,429 Posts
NS2000X said:
DT used to make some hubs for Cannondale, but not the Lefty specific hubs (they just rebranded some of their own hubs as Cannondales) until last year when Formula made the rear hubs, again, not the Lefty models... Now there are only Cannondale Lefty hubs, they spec Shimano and DT hubs this year, no more rebranding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
any links to lefty hubs?

cannondales hubs are expensive. and to find new hubs with 6 bolt on ebay are very rare.

i would like to build a set for my F900...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
broomhandle said:
any links to lefty hubs?

cannondales hubs are expensive. and to find new hubs with 6 bolt on ebay are very rare.

i would like to build a set for my F900...
Just did a quick search, there are 3 Lefty 6 bolt hubs on eBay right now, 1 for bidding, 2 for Buy it Now. They are $58 for 24h and $66 for 32h, but they are both silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Well, you may be out of luck. Thats the cheapest I have found hubs. The Cannondale ones are $100 new and Woodman, if you can find them, are a little more than that. And it only goes up from there with Industry Nine and Mavic and the like. I dont know if you are going to be able to find them cheaper than on eBay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Colodude said:
Just did a quick search, there are 3 Lefty 6 bolt hubs on eBay right now, 1 for bidding, 2 for Buy it Now. They are $58 for 24h and $66 for 32h, but they are both silver.
The 24 hole,6 bolt silver/pollished are the 30th aniversey hubs that came with rhe Jekyll goodboy....

There were only 300 of thes bikes built....so i dont know why there is a stock of left over hubs......must have been an over run for spares/replacements....

Anyway.....the hubs a GREAT and are the beter competition version....:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
Under $70 for a Lefty hub ?
Dude , that's not expensive :rolleyes:

You may have better luck finding a low priced rim with a
6 bolt in it & then sell the rim and spokes to recoup the
initial cost of the wheel .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
well, i just bought a 4 bolt on ebay thats a Si for 31 bucks with SH. thats a little pricy for me. but i want to build a new set of rims. dang 4 bolt.... o well, it works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
I bought a used wheelset on ebay for my lefty, hope rear hub, woodman front, velocity rims, for $120 shipped, one rim did have a flat spot but its ridable, and my mechanic thought the rear hub had low miles on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
broomhandle said:
well, i just bought a 4 bolt on ebay thats a Si for 31 bucks with SH. thats a little pricy for me. but i want to build a new set of rims. dang 4 bolt.... o well, it works.
The simple reason for this is that there is no market for 4 bolt Lefty hubs .
No one will pay much for them now because the demand is for 6 bolt ones .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
and why is there a 32 hole and 24 hole lefty? i know that goes with any hub. but i thought for discs there is only a few patterns you can use. which is the more popular? 32?

this is my first lefty wheel build. and i know its dished to one side. :)
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Top