Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
riding lefty since 2002 , i replaced every 6-12 months my wheelset

every wheelset changed , in front hub had the stock lefty hub screw ruined with RUST inside

only on surface ... no stuctural damage , but i hate looking in that M5 hole and see rust ...

do a titanium one exist ?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
True. But at least, it's easy to take the grease (with the sand and dust) off to reveal an extra clean bolt! :p

Personally, I just don't care too much, it's only cosmetic and I don't look down there much when riding. The stem bolts and Lefty clamp bolts though seem to rust too, probably from the sweat dripping on them... but those can probably be found easily in Ti.

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no no when riding... when washing bike ....

yes other going rusty ... changed all with titanium ones

i have only rear shock stock bolts , and lefty hub one

but the 2 of the DT are going away... finally i found what i looking for ( U2 docet ...)

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Try the clear silicon caulking stuff from GE or someone. It's not to strong at holding, so you can get it out with a needle nose pliers. Or, you can pry it out with a 2 mm socket head.

Or a tiny black rubber plug.

Or, you could buy a new fork. :p

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ziscwg said:
Try the clear silicon caulking stuff from GE or someone. It's not to strong at holding, so you can get it out with a needle nose pliers. Or, you can pry it out with a 2 mm socket head.

Or a tiny black rubber plug.

Or, you could buy a new fork. :p
screw is in the hub not in fork.... :thumbsup:

but good idea : a rubber plug !!!

never thought , good idea ... an orange , to match frame color , little rubber plug ...

many thanks .... ;)

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
eliflap said:
no shy to write : i do not understand

what's OCD ?
obsessive compulsive disorder

That describes most avid mountain bikers...........................So, it's kind of a given here. How many times have you kept working that one jump to hit it right? Or, make it through that one rock garden without falling. Or, run through your head how to make that steep pitch..........

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
eliflap said:
screw is in the hub not in fork.... :thumbsup:

but good idea : a rubber plug !!!

never thought , good idea ... an orange , to match frame color , little rubber plug ...

many thanks .... ;)
I know the screw is on the hub, but if you get a normal fork with a normal hub, the problem goes away. A rather $$$$ solution.......It was a joke. I don't know anyone who would willingly give up their Lefty.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.