Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
i bought an adapter from canadian guy thinking it would be a project321 one, the lower crown/clamp is a fairly slack compared to the press fit on original so i drilled it and fitted a pop rivet which sheared off first crash - should i replace with a bolt or use araldite to bond the clamp?

to sum up i wish i'd waited (321 site was getting renovated when i got my frame) and got the 321 jobby as you can see positive feedback about jake everywhere...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
badboy said:
Could you share the experience and if possible post the outcome? I got an intense 5.5 and would like to do the same transformation on it. Btw, which lefty have you installed?
I used a 110mm carbon. The axle to crown (A2C) was the same (within about 2mm) of my Fox F100X which is what is recommended for the Blur XC. I gained 10mm travel to the same A2C) I also specifically wanted a unit with the Terralogic valving.

It has worked out extremely well. It is more sensitive over small bumps and does better on the big hits... and because of the Terralogic it does not pogo when you pedal out of the saddle.

In a word: Awesome :)

My only question: Why does not Cannondale promote the lefty for aftermarket use??! They are missing a boatload of the MT biking community out there!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Turner with Lefty

badboy said:
Could you share the experience and if possible post the outcome? I got an intense 5.5 and would like to do the same transformation on it. Btw, which lefty have you installed?
A couple of years ago I installed a 140 Lefty Max on my 03 Turner 5-Spot. Easy installation. No problems then, or since. I've ridden the bike hard and the Lefty has worked great.

Go for it - and use the Project 321 adapter! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
love the look of the lefturnery sourdough, like look of the riding conditions too! One question for you all what's the fattest tyre you've put on a lefty mine goes great with a 2.5 diesel but i thought about putting a 2.7 maxxis minion on.....?

I also wondered that maybe my head angle was a bit slack as the hardtail frame was probably only designed for 100mm (4") travel and my lefty is 140mm (nearly 5.5") so i figured if i got a 24" wheel laced on my spare lefty hub and got a 3" tyre fitted i might get a nice supamotad look and make my steering a bit quicker too. Then i got all confused about angles!!

cheers

b:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.