Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a link to a tech manual on Lefty installation and/or headset adjustment? I'm most interested in knowing how the headset is adjusted. I took a decent digger the other day and managed to rotate the stem 10 degrees off center. As far as I can tell, the stem can be adjusted without affecting the headset. I don't notice any play after moving it.

But in looking at the bike, I have absolutely no idea how one would adjust the headset, and even though I'm unlikely to ever remove the fork, I'd like to know how it works.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
303 Posts
There is no adjustment. The Cdale headset is a set of pressed in cartridge bearings. Move the stem all you want, you'll need a mallet to get the fork out and back in.

-james

Skygrounder said:
Anyone have a link to a tech manual on Lefty installation and/or headset adjustment? I'm most interested in knowing how the headset is adjusted. I took a decent digger the other day and managed to rotate the stem 10 degrees off center. As far as I can tell, the stem can be adjusted without affecting the headset. I don't notice any play after moving it.

But in looking at the bike, I have absolutely no idea how one would adjust the headset, and even though I'm unlikely to ever remove the fork, I'd like to know how it works.

Thanks for any help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.