Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
trail demon
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Just lifted the rubber boot while inspecting my carbon lefty max fork and found some very minor marking as shown to the bottom section. Is this minor corrosion/marking (only on areas shown) cause for concern or will it be ok?

Picture attached for more info.

Attachments

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Looks like your zip tie was a bit loose, or a little off of the boot. That amount of corrosion is inconsequential, due to it's isolated location, the bearings never even get that far. If it was higher up, you would have an issue. Put a little waterproof grease (Phil Wood, etc) on the flats, get your boot nice and tight, and you should be groovy!

·
trail demon
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
raelx said:
I agree with Mendon. But things are looking really dry in there. Slather that thing up with grease. I would pull the top zip ties off and lube the upper area of the races too.
Thanks for the info. I had cleaned off the lube to inspect the leg, thats the reason for it looking so dry! I've applied some fresh grease & fitted new zip ties, keeping it nice & clean.

Yes, the bottom zip tie had become a little loose on inspection. Glad it's not a problem :) & thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.