Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ELO isn't working. I've tried the battery, and inspection of the external wiring and switch reveals no issues.
The next stage is to begin to strip down the ELO internals. Does anyone know the proceedures?
I have dismantled down to the battery. This reveals two small hex screws, which Cannondale say "DO NOT remove" As the Lefty functions OK, aside from the ELO, I am wondering if it might be wiser to leave it alone. :nono:

Does anyone have test proceedures for the electronics? ...the 'two pin' and 'three pin' connections (at the base of the ELO ECU) must have test proceedures?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Your probably out of luck as it sounds like your servo motor
has failed (like mine did) .
Cannondale told me that they no longer make it but you
can convert an ELO to a manual lock-out (lever) .
It only costs about $40 and is lighter then the ELO too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think IIRC undoing the screws allows you to remove the top cap which should reveal a small wire connector and wires leading to the motor itself down the shaft.
To get to the motor I think I had to drain the cartridge and slide the shaft out.
The bottom flange which contains the rebund spring can be removed, but the shaft should actually screw in to two pieces - the split is in the middle of the cartridge - it depends which loctite lets go first...
Make sure you have that top connector undone first, and careful with twisting unless the connector is undone first as the wires wind up and break themselves or the solder to the motor (yes - I learnt the hard way).
This is all from memory, but it's not rocket science. Once the warranty is over (long long ago) and so ,long as you are careful, you don't have much to loose except time.
Your no1 priority though is to protect the shaft from scratches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.