Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :thumbsup:
Now , with this information , is there anything else out there to consider in that
price range for the Rush ?
Doesn't the CrossMax's have those funky flat spokes that cost $9 or so each
and require special equipment to replace ?

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
ccaddy said:
Doesn't the CrossMax's have those funky flat spokes that cost $9 or so eachand require special equipment to replace ?
Yes, and that's why your buying them! It's those spokes that make the wheel stiffer, and lighter. Without them, it's just another wheelset. The only wheels I would consider otherwise, are going to be the Industry 9's. They have a leg up on Mavic, since they have "instant" engagement, which seems minor till you ride it for a while, then go back to a normal hub. Ask any I9 or Chris King rider, they'll tell you! They will cost a bit more, unless you can find a good set used, but that's not too likely. Alot of the CrossMax wheels used out there, are there, due to the introduction of the SLR's, and the I9's, folks want 'em, and are dumping their SL's to get them:thumbsup:

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Don't worry, those expensive spokes are strong, they can take a beating and be ready for more. As Mendon said, that's the key part of those wheels, although the rims are the lightest true UST rims after the rims on the SLR.

If you are paying 600$ on ebay, they should be unused or pretty close, especially since the I9 and SLR came out, it makes the old SL (old as before the 2007) drop a bit in aftermarket value... which is good for you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.