Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm in the process of putting up a new Ibis mojo small frame I'm thinking about Lefty carbon max spv ti but here's the thing my head tube is only about 115mm I'm not sure if it's possible? I'm also looking at Pace 41 fighter, any thought?
thanks,

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
mimi1885 said:
Hi all,
I'm in the process of putting up a new Ibis mojo small frame I'm thinking about Lefty carbon max spv ti but here's the thing my head tube is only about 115mm I'm not sure if it's possible? I'm also looking at Pace 41 fighter, any thought?
thanks,
It's possible, I just put one on my Titus Exogrid HT. My HT was exactly 115. I had a King, with a stack of 31mm, I knew this would not fit, so I found the lowest stack height headset readily available, a Campy Record @ 24.5mm. If you're able to procure something slightly shorter ( not sure if there is such a beast) you'll be all set, no dorking around. If it's as low as you can go, you'll have to do what I did. Face the top of the HT down about a 1/2 a mm. Less work than I was anticipating really, any good bike shop should have the tools. Don't get suckered into "you'll need to go to a machine shop". My Park HT facer set did a gorgeous job, just took my time! Good luck, it's worth the effort :cool:

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
Hmmm, I'm now realizing, I may have overlooked an important part of all this. I saw Mojo, I was thinking steel or Ti. I've not seen an unbuilt new carbon Mojo up close, but I don't think you can machine it very easily. Thoughts? Pics?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
Hmmm, I'm now realizing, I may have overlooked an important part of all this. I saw Mojo, I was thinking steel or Ti. I've not seen an unbuilt new carbon Mojo up close, but I don't think you can machine it very easily. Thoughts? Pics?
I wouldn't machine that frame that's for sure...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.