Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lashed out a bit extra and got Reba team u-turn w/ poploc on my new salsa. Very happy with the Reba but just had one question about the mounting of the poploc remote (never had poploc before).

It's meant to be a lefthand remote but the guy at the LBS mounted it on the right side. I'm about to take the bike back in for it's first complementary service so should I get him to swap it to the other side or does it make no different and should I just leave it?

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine is mounted the same way and gives me zero problems. I am right handed and my first instinct would be to use my right hand.
As long as the release button is easy to get to, which it is.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
brownshoes said:
I lashed out a bit extra and got Reba team u-turn w/ poploc on my new salsa. Very happy with the Reba but just had one question about the mounting of the poploc remote (never had poploc before).

It's meant to be a lefthand remote but the guy at the LBS mounted it on the right side. I'm about to take the bike back in for it's first complementary service so should I get him to swap it to the other side or does it make no different and should I just leave it?
i really dont think it will matter at all unless you dont like it? is it just a pinch bolt holding it to the bar or do u have to take the grip and shifter off? if it is both you could still do it yourself if you have an allen wrench. unless you really dont know what your doing then id have do it when you havign ti serviced

·
Registered
665 Posts
ergonomically, it functions better on the left. however, i also toyed with it on the right, and you readily get used to it (although i kept mine on the L).

unfortunately, to change it over, you have to remove the grip/shifter/brake.

you can probably get a bit of a feel for it for the L side by standing at the front of the bike and holding the handlebars with your L hand on the R grip.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts