Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally left my self contained lights in my car last nite. It's been hot and when I came home from work and opened the car door the inside was like a furnace and the lights were sitting in the sun. I immediately picked them up to take out and they were so hot they scalded me and I had to just drop them on the seat and get a towel to pick them up. They do turn on but did I damage the batteries in any way?

Thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Most likely your battery life is shortend by exposing the lamp to these temperatures above 50 °C. What state of charge did the battery have when it was in the car? If the battery was fully charged, the damage is worse. Could be that you lost a not so insignificant portion of the capacity. If lamp and charger have proper electronics it should recognize if the battery is so much damaged that you can't use it again. Keep an eye on the lamp when charging, try not to fully charge (anyway better for battery life) or change the battery to be sure..

i always keep unused electronic devices under the seat, that is the coolest place in a hot car and is just a useful habit in case you forget something in the car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx

Right now they're working. But I'll recharge next week and see what I get outta em. They're Lumina's so I think they're gonna be pretty durable however, a lithium battery is what it is.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top