Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Fragglepuss The Chaste
2,119 Posts
Total Let Down

So I was scrolling through the Forum topics and Left Handed Tranny just pops out at me screaming!!! :drumroll: Left Handed Tranny!!! :drumroll:
I'm like...sweet!!! I mean nothing gets me going like a fresh, just stepped out of the pimp's black Suburban and hit the streets for the night, tranny. And getting a left handed one, is like finding a big diamond in a pile of average diamonds.

Found this little gem sportin' an easy access plain-jane mumu hangin' out at the local trail head. You can tell he/she's a left handed tranny as he/she holds his/her stick/shaft as such.

Oh well.

Nice bike though :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The bike looks hot with the Lefty. Very, very nice! :thumbsup:

Wish both the burnt orange and the metallic green were available for the Mojo SL, they are the best colors I've seen from Ibis.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
very nice...

can you give us a close up the headset...
I would like to try a left on my Mojo.. got a friend that has a max140 lying around....
but I believe that other than the 123project adapter you need to machine a custom head set cap? can you confirm this?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
DH_WP said:
very nice...

I would like to try a left on my Mojo.. got a friend that has a max140 lying around....
but I believe that other than the 123project adapter you need to machine a custom head set cap? can you confirm this?
Do you know there will be a new lefty with 1.1/8 steerer called Lefty-4-All? That will save us a lot of trouble. I'm also a fan of the Lefty and always thought Cannondale was missing the shot on not releasing a Lefty for non-Cdale bikes, but they seem to have realized that now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Black RONIN said:
Do you know there will be a new lefty with 1.1/8 steerer called Lefty-4-All? That will save us a lot of trouble. I'm also a fan of the Lefty and always thought Cannondale was missing the shot on not releasing a Lefty for non-Cdale bikes, but they seem to have realized that now.
Are they going to have the top crown adjustable? If not, It won't really help the stack height issue that is really the only hurdle. Do you have any details on how
the crowns are attached or what stacks heights they will accomodate?

·
Registered
423 Posts
DH_WP said:
very nice...

We have had lots of customers install these on their mojo. It's an awesome set up. There are a few routes to take depending on the lefty style and size of the mojo. If you want I can get into detail over the phone - our toll free is 877-584-7321 - ask for Jake

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
pumpkinbiter said:
Are they going to have the top crown adjustable? If not, It won't really help the stack height issue that is really the only hurdle. Do you have any details on how
the crowns are attached or what stacks heights they will accomodate?
It has been a while I don't check Cannondale foruns, but at the time they had little detail on how it would be, and one of the doubts around it was the stack height. They had a few pics, and it seemed like they had 2 or 3 different versions, but I'm not sure if it was adjustable. I'll let you know if I learn anything else! :thumbsup:

EDIT: There's some info here, but still very little about the 1.1/8 Lefty.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Black RONIN said:
It has been a while I don't check Cannondale foruns, but at the time they had little detail on how it would be, and one of the doubts around it was the stack height. They had a few pics, and it seemed like they had 2 or 3 different versions, but I'm not sure if it was adjustable. I'll let you know if I learn anything else! :thumbsup:

EDIT: There's some info here, but still very little about the 1.1/8 Lefty.
Thanks for the info! Any new news would be cool too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stock Cane Creek Headset.
Still smooth after 3 weeks.

Some closer pics of Project 321 Adaptor - Carbon (Bonded) RLC 110 Lefty - Thomson 100 mm 0 degree stem. Still dialing in spacers.

New Fifteen G. Triple Crank with outboard BB30 bearings just arrived...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Damn guy, you're essentially building my dream bike! It's Gorgeous! I'm excited to see how the Fifteen G cranks will look. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts