Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
horizontally compliant
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hopefully one of you kind folks will keep me from having to dig through a ton of flashlight threads. :)

I'm looking for a flashlight that has a good flood pattern and that is also light & small enough to mount on my helmet (will complement my bar mounted light). A quick search yielded this: MTE SSC P7 C-Bin 900-Lumen 8-Mode LED Flashlight (1*18650)

Any others? Thanks for your help!

Edit: two-plus hour runtime would be really nice, too.

·
aka RossC
936 Posts
Simpleton said:
Hopefully one of you kind folks will keep me from having to dig through a ton of flashlight threads. :)

I'm looking for a flashlight that has a good flood pattern and that is also light & small enough to mount on my helmet (will complement my bar mounted light). A quick search yielded this: MTE SSC P7 C-Bin 900-Lumen 8-Mode LED Flashlight (1*18650)

Any others? Thanks for your help!

Edit: two-plus hour runtime would be really nice, too.
Check out this thread.

Turboferret is designing an endcap to shorten the overall length of the body of a DX p7 torch and an external battery pack for 18650's to go with it to extend run times. It should wind up being very helmet friendly if you like floody helmet lights.

It is an excellent idea and turboferret is making quite rapid progress.

·
aka RossC
936 Posts
Simpleton said:
I think I found what I'm looking for, unless somebody else makes a better suggestion. I'll add one of these for longer runtimes and use some of the dozens of rechargeable AA batteries I have laying around.
The light you listed is a Q3 ..... I would be looking for a Q5 at least or preferably an r2. It will be significantly brighter. See this chart for min flux ratings for cree LED's.

maybe something like this or this

The second one seems to have a much wider beam pattern (bear in mind i have never used either of them personally)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.