Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who out there has tried one or still uses one? I got a 35% discount code at SOC and am looking for an excuse to use it. I will be riding Northstar a lot this summer, snow permitting, but can't see wearing one anywhere else. I have witnessed spine and neck injury lately and am feeling a little vulnerable. Some say the braces can lead to different injuries.....Never tried one, myself. I'm way way way too old to say 'my mom makes me wear it' - but actually that's probably what i will say if I get one!!

·
Captain Trail Head
357 Posts
While it's rare for me to use a brace in the Bay Area, if I'm riding with my full-face like I was in the DS and DH at SOC, then I always wear one. If I go to N*, I always wear it.

This year the Leatt folks saw me with my older carbon model during DH practice and straight up traded me a brand new one for mine. Thanks Leatt!

When I get a TLD Stage helmet in a few days here, I just might start wearing that at places like SDF and UC, but I doubt that I'll put the Leatt on for those rides.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
When they first came out about 80% of the moto guys (professional) and probably a little less for off-road wore them. Now it seems no one wears them. And I’m guessing it’s not because of comfort.

There have been many cases and “studies” that try to prove they are more dangerous than without one.

I’m impartial and wear one on my moto because that’s what I’m used to. But I’m not sure I would recommend it to anyone else.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have one though don't wear it as often as I should. To be honest it really isn't that uncomfortable. I have done 4,000 ft climbing days in Santa Cruz wearing one. I certainly like the added security it provides against a life-changing crash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.