Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a neck brace, was on the Leatt website and saw that they have a new model coming out "soon". its called the GPX Adventure and is priced at $195, much more affordable than the full-blown model. anybody heard anything about it, specifically when it is due out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I race and ride motorcycles and I have one and I love it, took me only one ride to get used to it. I have the strap that goes around my mid section to keep it in place. I have always thought about wearing it while riding my mtb, but id do it the next time i raced. the new one look pretty cool. Some buddies have had issues with them regarding when they do crash awkwardly breaking their collar bone. But id rather break a collar bone than my neck? my .02 cents...
good luck

Ryan

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
I remember reading something about the new version that is coming out and I think that it has fewer adjustments than the GPX. I don't really know for sure, but IIRC that is what someone mentioned on here in the past.

I am using the Leatt GPX and have to say that it is a great investment. Once you get it adjusted properly you don't even know that you are wearing the brace. I have received questions about how the brace works for DH mountain biking and its limitations. There are a few times that my range of motion was "limited" but NEVER to the point of it being dangerous or my being unable to setup for an obstacle.

Would I buy it again?? You bet!!! No doubt.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
be350ka said:
I remember reading something about the new version that is coming out and I think that it has fewer adjustments than the GPX. I don't really know for sure, but IIRC that is what someone mentioned on here in the past.

I am using the Leatt GPX and have to say that it is a great investment. Once you get it adjusted properly you don't even know that you are wearing the brace. I have received questions about how the brace works for DH mountain biking and its limitations. There are a few times that my range of motion was "limited" but NEVER to the point of it being dangerous or my being unable to setup for an obstacle.

Would I buy it again?? You bet!!! No doubt.
i was seriously on the verge of buying the one you have Nate, but then i saw this new model, so i'm gonna prolly hold off until i learn more about it. btw thinking about hitting Diablo maybe this weekend. interested? i saw on the website that they are comping rooms if you buy a two day pass. that deal is good for both this and next weekends. also i'll be up there at least 2 or 3 times during the week after the 4th since i have that week off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.