Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan to pick up a neck brace before the resort season opens back up, but for something so expensive and critical, i would really like to be able to bring in my armor and helmet and try it on for fit before i plunk down my cheese.

who in the area stocks these?

does anybody have recommendations from personal experience as to what brace they are using?

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
I think most people would want a medium (since they don't sell a "large"). I am not a very large build, and I run my medium at the narrowest setting--there is a lot of expansion on it though depending on which connectors you use.

I bought one of the adjustible bike-specific versions which allow for more movement than the MX versions, but I run it in a more restrictive setting (guard extended up) than I expected I would. It works great with my Giro Remedy in that setting. I tried it with my Specialized Diviant (FF XCish helmet) and the rear didn't feel very good. Since I was on a group ride, I didn't spend much time playing with it though--I think I could have made it work better with a little play time.

I bought the white version which was a mistake. I've only used it twice now (purchased end of season last year), and already it looks really dirty. I should have gotten black... That being said, I'm very happy with the brace otherwise. I always used to joke that I had armor on everything except for my neck and my nuts--now at least one of those two areas are protected. :)

·
Alt-132
1,564 Posts
I just ordered the DBX Comp 2 after trying on both the Alpinestars BNS and the Leatt braces at Performance Cycle.

I went with Leatt due to more adjustments compared to Alpinestars, and went with the Comp 2 over the Ride because I want to be able to adjust the "deck height".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.