Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. ALWAYS...repeat, ALWAYS wear a helmet. (duh)
2. NEVER try to hit stuff you think is big...alone. (duh)
3. DON'T try to hit stuff that's big to you...in the rain (DUUUUHH)

so...yeah...i was supposed to go otu and meet all the local riders today..and it was a little rainy. A lot of folks didn't show...and at the beginning i was all alone. I did some small stuff that even if i cased bad...it'd be ok. And....i got bored. so bored i rode the greenway just to exercise some. Came back to the dj area...and tried a drop i landed 3 times yesterday. (yesterday was the first time i have EVER done a drop on a bike...so...yeah) I don't exactly remember/know what happened...i just busted my ass. I remember going down the hill to the drop..and then, next thing i knew...i was on the greeway walking back to my truck, haha. But..yeah...here i am scratched and bruised...but my bikes ok and i didn't break myself......sssssssoooooooooooooo...yeah, gotta owkr on that landing.

but...kinda glad i did this...just so i'd realize the importance of a helmet and friends on the trail with you. I kinda always took that stuff for granted. good times, good times

here's a link to my bike...and at the end, is a vid of me landing it yesterday....
don't laugh cause it's so damned small....you have to remember..this was the FIRST drop i have EVER done.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=243203

·
Some Assembly Required
4,054 Posts
That drop is at Hick park right? Glad yer melon is still intact man. Hows th' Moorewood doin' ? Me an' Swanson and another rider Tim Hudson rode an epic Sat. in Wilsons. I was dead after but we refueled at Poncho Villa's in Lenoir and all was good.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah...that's hick park.
first time i ever rode it was saturday with necker and josh.....and they made me do the drop 3 times. landed all 3....but the 2nd one ended in me manualing the landing...scary ****. I had NEVER done a real drop before that...just a few landing dock drops to flat on other bikes a while back. But...me wrecking was my fault...it was wet, i was alone, i got intimidated..and i cased...oh well. I'm going back for the double wood drop here soon....

the morewood's doing good though.....rides great for what it is. I still wanna go full squish sometime..but i'm going ot hone my skills on the HT since it's built/done...and when i get a little better imma go FS.

Man...i'm working with my dad and one of his friends trying to get him to let me use his cabin at wilson's creek.... I gotta go up te first day of trout season and talk to him.... if i can get that...it'll be NICE..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no...i had a helmet on
it's a cheap price-point purchased GT Ollie....but..****...better than a ball cap

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gemini2k05 said:
don't worry, thast a respectable drop for a first time no question
thanks...imma go back this weekend and hit it some more. I wanna get better...and i realize it'll take a few crashes here and there to GET better...so...here i go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.