Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, riding down to work today, i noticed my front brake was a bit soft...and then worse.....and then non-functional. seeing as i was late anyways, i stashed my bike, and went in to work without thinking about it too much. getting my bike on the way home, i noticed the front lever was ridiculously soft (no resistance at all), and finally figured out why: i was leaking hydro fluid out of the front. dont get me wrong, im not a total tool-noob, but i have no idea where i can get the parts to fix this, or even what they are called. looking at the other side, i can see that my front brake is missing a small disc, where the fluid is leaking from. not that dumb, i can guess i'll need to replace that (what's it called?), in addition to re-filling and probably bleeding my brakes. really, i gotta say, its reassuring that my brakes literally fell apart (another JRA story i guess). they're 2006 hayes so1e hydros, 6 inch i guess, if that helps. any clue where i can A) get parts (two shops i went to had nothing) B) find online resources as to how to bleed these (hayes manual said "take it to a pro". ya, right), and, C) figure out how to prevent the same cap from falling out of my rear brake? thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.