Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the forums and I just want to hi.

I just got a diamondback hook and I noticed that both my front forks are leaking.. I come from a motorcycle background so usually a oil ring around the fork that comes back after wiping it off means it's leaking. Is this the same with mnt bike forks? And will DB just send me a new fork or do I have to ship my hole bike back to them??

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,166 Posts
Need more specifics, typically, oil doesn't come out of the stanchion fork seals, but some very inexpensive suspension forks may not really be sealed and some grease may come up. Post some pictures of the oil ring. Rear shocks do this more IME, as they tend to push out a bit of excess lubrication oil/grease after service. Is there a loss of damping? Are the adjusters effective (does it have adjusters?). Possibilities include: it's just purging a bit of lubrication oil/grease, it's leaking lubrication oil, it's leaking damping fluid into the fork, seals are bad/not seated.

·
Registered
14,900 Posts
SR Suntour XCM 120mm appears to be the spec fork. This is designed as a bike path smooth trail piece of kit by Suntour. It's main purpose for bike manufacturers is to look like a mtbike fork. Inside are plastic bushings instead of metal. It also lacks adjustable rebound damping. Suntour has set up a program to allow you to get a real fork if you ride trails with bumps.
https://www.srsuntour.us/pages/upgrade
A Raidon air fork with the grease in the air side changed to oil is a decent choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.